5 Tips for Preventing Miscarriage
Having a miscarriage takes an emotional and physical toll. It’s frustrating not knowing what to do to improve your chances of sustaining a healthy pregnancy.
Chinese medicine is very effective at helping women have babies after they’ve miscarried. There are steps you can take to prepare your body so that your baby will stick.
- Prepare your body in advance. Once you’re pregnant, there isn’t much you can do but support the pregnancy and hope for the best. Take at least 3 months BEFORE you get pregnant to prepare your body.
- Keep warm. Make sure you keep your feet, low back and your belly warm. Cold can enter your uterus through these areas. If your womb is cold, it can cause problems in the uterus that may challenge ovulation, fertilization, implantation and a healthy pregnancy.
- Eat cooked foods that are easy to digest. Aim for eating 75% cooked veggies and 25% raw. Eat warm soups and stews.
- Eat a warm breakfast EVERYDAY. Make it low in sugar and high in protein.
- Use Chinese medicine! See a fertility acupuncturist weekly for 3 months before getting pregnant and throughout the first trimester. Do my free introductory fertility self-acupressure video to balance hormones and increase circulation to your reproductive organs. You can sign up for my FREE Fertility Resource Library for the self-acupressure video and several other fertility and pregnancy support tools.