Fertility Yoga Pose to Thicken Your Uterine Lining
Uterine Health 101: Sitting all day compresses the reproductive organs.
Do you have a desk-job and spend most of your day sitting? If you do and you aren’t taking a walking break every hour, then this lack of movement can create stagnation of blood flow to your uterus and other reproductive organs.
FYI: Inadequate blood flow to the uterus is one of the contributing factors to a thin uterine lining.
For a successful conception to take place, a fertilized egg needs to be able to implant in the uterine lining (aka the endometrium). Ideally, the endometrium should grow thick in preparation for implantation to more than 8 mm for successful pregnancy and growth. The main artery that supplies blood to our legs also supplies blood to our uterus, ovaries and vagina.
But if you’re sitting all day without adequate movement not only is it difficult for your reproductive organs to receive the blood supply they need, the muscles of your uterus can become weak and your menstrual cycle imbalanced not to mention your overall health will decline.
Legs Up the Wall Pose
Doing this yoga fertility pose will help you release the stress locked in the lower part of your back and is highly effective at increasingblood flow to the uterus.
• Line up your yoga mat with the short edge against the wall.
• Sit sideways as close to the wall as you can get your butt cheek.
• Turn to face the wall as you simultaneously lie down and put your legs up the wall.
• Your arms, shoulders, and head should be resting on the floor.
• If you need to place something underneath your lower back for support, you may use a rolled up blanket or towel.
• Breathe deeply and relax!
You can stay in this pose as long as you like, and you can do this pose as many times throughout the day as you like. It is very easy, and can be done anywhere there is a wall!